If you are reading this Wiki article, thanks for considering building a solution for customer-facing and employee-facing teams.
This article will describe what it takes for an app to become to be published on Freshworks Marketplace.
Businesses that use Freshworks software are the ones that look forward to doing better with sales, marketing, support, IT, and HR teams. Apps are a fundamental form of customizability that every user of Freshworks’ software would love to use and trust to grow their own business.
We take this factor seriously. So we have an app review process in place to help the developer to have their app reach Business’ expectations, also making it easier for the Businesses to trust & rely on apps when needed.
App review process
The app review process ideally takes a week of time and may get longer based on any comments that need to be addressed by the app developer.
Marketplace Listing (Free/Paid)
Submit apps on App Management Portal
|Host||Guidlines||Listing||Paid App support|
|Freshdesk||App Content, Code Review||Markeplace Apps, Custom Apps, and External Apps|
|Freshservice||App Content, Code Review||Markeplace Apps, Custom Apps, and External Apps|
|Freshsales / Freshworks CRM||App Content, Code Review||Markeplace Apps, Custom Apps, and External Apps|
|Freshteam||App Content, Code Review||Markeplace Apps, Custom Apps, and External Apps|
App supposedly will go through 3 phases of reviews in parallel with each submission.
- Code Review for source code and security
- Quality Assurance – Testing the app functionality to make sure general web security guidelines are followed.
- Content review
Our App reviews team will reach out to you for further discussion if the app can be improved.
- Developer will be contacted through the email provided during the review process for clarification and a demo of the app functionality.
- Watch out for the email from
email@example.com to two email addresses provided by you during submissions.
a. Support Email address for users to reach you out
b. Alternate Email address for Freshworks to initiate communications about the app reviews happening.
- App might show a ‘Rejected’ status on the App submission portal. The proper reason will be provided and can be discussed via a project management tool or via Email.
a. A robot checks for code coverage automatically immediately after submission. Rejects if it doesn’t meet at least 80% code coverage.
- App can be re-submitted again once the required aspects have been addressed.
Once the process is complete, the app review team will publish the app on to the marketplace.
We are constantly trying to improve the app review process. Please share any feedback that will help in making this process more seamless.