The Freshworks Marketplace has over 1300+ public apps, it is now ready to get bigger with the Freshworks Paid Apps Program! Developers will now be able to publish paid apps for Freshdesk, Freshservice, and Freshsales (the latest to go live) with an exciting revenue-sharing model that will translate to best-in-market profits. With the relaunch of paid apps program, we offer enhanced developer perks under the 2023 Incentive program.
With Freshworks Paid Apps program you can expect
- Best-in-class development experience
- Attractive payout structure
- Faster time to market with seamless app publishing
- Marketing support from Freshworks to drive more users to your app
The Freshworks SaaS solutions enable better customer experiences (CX, CRM) and employee experiences (ITSM, HRMS) for more than 58k+ companies worldwide. While developers can publish paid apps for CX & IT customers earlier, with Paid Apps for Freshsales, you can get more customers from the CRM segment of the Freshworks Customer Base
Freshworks provides unique opportunities for developers to build innovative solutions to customer problems. With free trial accounts, SDK, app templates and sample apps developers can publish apps and earn revenue. As part of our efforts to improve the developer experience and provide more revenue streams, we are pleased to announce that Freshsales now supports building Marketplace paid Apps.
If you are someone who:
- Wish to grow in the Freshworks App Ecosystem.
- Want to build integrations/applications for Freshsales Suite to earn revenue
- Want to monetise their existing Freshworks Apps for Freshsales users
You will get to learn
- How to get started with Freshworks App Development?
- How to build an App for the Freshworks ecosystem?
- What is the app review process?
- What are the app revenue sharing model, payout model and best practices?
Check out our paid apps guidebook to know more.
As part of the Freshworks product line, Freshsales allows one to perform context-driven sales with Freshsales CRM and unite sales and marketing with Freshsales Suite powered by Freshmarketer to provide a 360-degree view of customers. The Freshsales suite helps break internal silos and deliver personalised experiences across marketing and sales by leveraging the next-generation customer engagement platform. Know more here.
How to get started with Freshworks App Development?
The Freshworks Marketplace offers a range of everyday use cases and third-party integrations made available via apps. However, businesses might have specific use cases and needs and are unsupported by the existing apps in the marketplace. To cater for this need Freshworks Developer ecosystem offers developers access to a wide range of resources and utilities to build applications on the Freshworks Marketplace using the Freshworks Developer platform.
- To kick things off, ensure you go through the necessary Prerequisites and get a thorough understanding.
- Sign up for a free trial account with a Freshworks product of your choice. Please note that the paid apps are available to Freshdesk, Freshservice, and Freshsales.
- Create a Developer Account
- Learn how to build an app using the Introductory guide to Freshworks App Development and ensure you have all the required tools.
How to build an App for the Freshworks ecosystem?
The Freshworks Marketplace offers a range of everyday use cases and third-party integrations made available via apps. However, businesses might have specific use cases and needs and are unsupported by the existing apps. To cater for this, you as a developer can build an app that solves such use cases, and even better, start earning revenue while at it.
What can I do to feel confident enough?
We understand that getting started can be daunting at times. We understand this and endeavour to provide the best-in-class developer experience. To help you build apps using the rich developer tools we offer, we have compiled a series of tutorials with step-by-step instructions.
To build a new Freshworks app
- Refer overview of building the Freshworks App for detailed stepwise instructions
- Follow along with the example of How to build a Freshworks App.
- Refer to this sample apps guide and the Foundation tutorials to learn more about developing apps the Freshworks way
The app review process
The Freshworks app review and approval process are in place to ensure that all the public apps (aka Marketplace Apps) built by the developers meet Freshworks standards, before getting listed. Follow the app submission process to list an app on the marketplace to get detailed instructions on the same. Refer to the post-submission section to know more. Further, here is a detailed video on submitting a paid app.
At times it is often possible to have missed out on some feature or rolled out a version of the app that you did not intend to publish or wish to deprecate the app. The same can be achieved by hiding the app from the gallery.
The app revenue model, payout model and best practices
We currently follow an 80:20 revenue-sharing model between developers/developer partners and Freshworks for paid apps. For paid apps, we follow a monthly payment cycle per the revenue share model. The overall pricing of an app can be structured in two ways, per account and per agent. Based on the pricing set up we follow a monthly payment cycle per the revenue share model.
Kindly refer to the guide to publishing the app with confidence and the secret sauce to listing a marketplace app in record time to get an overview of the best practices followed.
That’s not all!
- Submit one app by May 15, 2023, to get 100% revenue for six months
- Submit two apps by May 15, 2023, and get 100% revenue for nine months
- Submit three or more apps by May 15, 2023, and get 100% of revenue for a year
Check out our Freshworks Neo blog to see what’s new.